Although Verizon has yet to make this update official, or even tell you about it, there is definitely one coming soon to all you Xoom owners on Big red. As you can see from the .pdf file that was found detailing the update it does include some new features and fixes that should make using the Xoom a little more fun. The Xoom has definitely received some bad press recently regarding the sales of the new tablet, so we all hope that this update will help the overall functionality of the Xoom and make it more appealing to users. Hit the jump to check out the full breakdown of the update.
Web Browsing and Data Access
- Access and stay connected to Wi-Fi networks with added Proxy support.
- SSL data transfer with websites is now supported.
- WPA Pre-Shared Key pass-phrases are now supported when using the device as a Mobile Hotspot.
- Supports Google Widevine DRM and HDCP.
Email and Messaging
- POP3 HTML emails will display in their entirety.
- Bluetooth® is now supported in Google TalkTM.
Additional Device Features
- Encrypted passwords can be entered during power up.
- Calendar events will remain up to date after an installed software update.
- Application storage errors will not appear unless the device has reached maximum storage capacity.
- Safely dock the MOTOROLA XOOM into the docking adapter without interruption. + Ability to add and use a Bluetooth mouse. + A shortcut key for the Bluetooth keyboard has been added. + View and import pictures from digital cameras with Picture Transfer Protocol.
- When using the device in accessibility mode, menus will no longer prompt with sounds.
So as you can see the update will give you some more ease of use when it comes to the Motorola tablet, and hopefully this update will be pushed out sooner rather than later. If any Xoom owners out there see the update hit their device please let us know by dropping us a comment, hit the “Contact Androidnerds” tab up above.