CyanogenMod is without a doubt the most common name in Android ways. The wonderous wizards has now released a stable build of CM7.1 which includes Android 2.3.7 on an astounding 68 devices. Having ROMS for 68 devices is impressive by itself but when you produce the SAME working ROM for ALL of those devices, well, now we are at incredible. It’s been a long road, I first starting using CM7 on my Nook Color and was hooked ever since. Now I have it running on my Ascend and it is beautiful!
Ht te break to see what more has come to light as well as the Cyanogen session from the Android BBQ.
- HTC Desire S, Incredible S, Incredible 2
- LG Optimus 2X and T-Mobile G2x
- Motorola Backflip (Motus), Cliq / Cliq XT, Defy, Droid 2, Droid X
- Samsung Captivate, Fascinate, Mesmerize, Showcase, Vibrant, Galaxy S, Galaxy S2 (multiple carriers)
- Sony Ericsson Xperia X8, Xperia Mini, Xperia Mini Pro, Xperia Neo, Xperia Play, Xperia Ray, Xperia Arc
- ZTE V9
- EVO 3D
- HP Touchpad
- Optimus 3D
- and others
- Bluetooth mouse support
- revoking app permissions
- camera touch-to-focus
- native screenshots in the power menu
- upgraded kernel and Android v2.3.7
The Honeycomb source code will not be released. Thus, we will likely not see a version 8 and go right to CM9 with the soon to be released ICS code (soon as Google does it).
Flash the newest gapps (Google Apps) also, get that here or from ROM Manager
via Android Police