The Android 3.2.1 update for the HTC EVO View 4G is in the midst of a rollout, bringing Honeycomb and a new “virtual and holographic user interface” to the 7-inch HTC tablet. The official change log reads:
- Physical Hard keys replaced with on screen Soft keys
- New Google search, available on every page
- System Bar: Quick access to notifications, status, and soft navigation buttons available at the bottom of the screen
- Notifications menu moved to the bottom right corner of the screen, on the System Bar.
- The Action Bar—which can be accessed by touching the Plus Sign icon at the top right of the screen—is the key to contextual, changing menus that are controlled by each application.
- Enhanced security including Sprint Data Link and 3LM
- Google video chat
- Fixed a bug that kept Bluetooth from working in airplane mode
The update is rolling out itself, but if you’d like to force a check, On the Home screen, tap Menu and then tap Settings; scroll up and tap System updates; tap HTC software update. On the Software updates screen, tap Check now and your View will check for updates.