We have already heard the news about the 6.12.173 update that is getting ready to hit soak test members, but today Motorola has released their official changelog for the update. The changelog lists many improvements including MotoCast, battery life, Smart Actions, data, etc. What is weird is that Verizon released a slightly different changelog about a week ago. I am not sure why both the carrier and the OEM have decided to release their own changelogs, but in the end the more info we get the better, right? Looks like the update may be there waiting and ready for you…. so make sure you check for yourself by going to“Settings>About Phone>System Updates”. Hit the break for the full changelog.
Software Update for the DROID RAZR and DROID RAZR MAXX by MOTOROLA
Introduction We are pleased to announce the new software update for DROID RAZR and DROID RAZR MAXX by MOTOROLA. The software update (Motorola Version.6.12.173.XT912.Verizon.en.US) includes numerous fixes and enhancements.
For more information on Motorola updates and product support, visit us at http://www.motorola.com/mydroidrazr
Who Can Use This Release ALL DROID RAZR and DROID RAZR MAXX by MOTOROLA users
Enhancements and Fixes:
- Added new auto-upload feature for sending pictures and videos back to your computer
- Improved installation steps for easier use
- Added new Smart Action triggers (docks and calendar events) and actions (VIP caller, auto text reply and voice announcement)
- Added new features (Password enabled Encryption Key Protection, Simplified Corporate Email Setup, Email sorting enhancements, Cisco and Juniper SSL VPN support)
- Improved data throughput performance in low-signal 4G environments
- Improved stability of data connectivity during after Airplane Mode is disabled
- Increased overall battery life
- Improved battery life when using Phone Book Access Profile (PBAP) Bluetooth® enabled headsets
- Improvements in camera performance and user interface enhancements
- Updated VZ Navigator® with the latest 3D map improvements
- Added V CAST App
- Updated Google applications including new versions of Music and Talk, as well as added Google Videos
- Resolved issues so messages can be marked as read
- Improved message playback to resume when audio is switched to speaker
- Updated to allow subscription or unsubscription while connected with Wi-Fi
- Eliminated error associated with pressing back key after playback
- Improved security
- Updated permissions to successfully allow other devices to connect to all Internet websites
- Updated email icon for better visibility.
- Included new icon graphics on the Homescreen and Application tray
- Improved device stability when moving between home screen panels
- Updated multimedia ringtones to permit saving
- Updated favorite contacts widget
- Resolved issue to correctly show the remaining download time when performing an Over The Air (OTA) update
Additional Information There is no charge for this upgrade other than the usual data connection charges. Subject to change without notice. If you have difficulty with this upgrade, visit us at http://www.motorola.com/mydroidrazr
Certain features, services and applications are network dependent and may not be available in all areas; additional terms, conditions and/or charges may apply. Specific functionality and features with each software version of Android may vary. Contact your service provider for details.
MOTOROLA and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC. DROID is a trademark of Lucasfilm Ltd. and its related companies. Used under license. The Bluetooth trademarks are owned by their proprietor and used under license. Google is a trademark of Google, Inc. All other product and service names are the property of their respective owners. ©2012 Motorola Mobility Inc. All rights reserved.