Consumer Cellular is the #1 rated and exclusive carrier for AARP member is adding an Android Smartphone to its lineup. The Huawei 8800 is an entry-level phone with specs that will appeal to users who don’t need a phone than can fly the space shuttle. Hit the break for more information.
Our customers tell us they want feature-rich phones without being tied to expensive, long-term contracts,” said John Marick, CEO of Consumer Cellular. “The Huawei 8800 provides another affordable option to our customers who need a robust smartphone and want the ease and convenience of our no-contract service.”
The Huawei has:
- Large 3.8 inch touch screen, easily customizable for favorites, widgets and shortcuts to apps
- Wi-Fi capability for easy access to the Internet, email, news and data-driven apps
- 5-megapixel autofocus camera and camcorder with LED flash
- Android operating system
- GPS navigation
- MP3 music player
- Access to the Android Market and thousands of free and paid apps
- Preloaded subscribers-only app “My Consumer Cellular,” which allows users to quickly access billing and account information, usage stats and scan-capable AARP information for member benefits
Consumer Cellular offers five accompanying “Connect!” data plans for consumers in a range from light use (10MB/month) to heavy use (500MB/month). The plans can be viewed in detail at http://www.consumercellular.com/Info/Services.