Well we are only a few days away from the launch of the Nexus S, the new “pure” Google phone that will launch with Gingerbread. Today Best Buy has released the details regarding the highly anticipated device. The Nexus S is being launched to work on the T-Mobile network, hopefully we will eventually see the device with other radio bands so that everyone can that wants to can pick one up and still use it on 3G.
- Stores open at 8 a.m local time.
- Online sales nationwide start at 8 a.m. Eastern time.
- There’s a limit of two phones per customer; stores have a finite supply.
- Demo phones will be on hand.
- The Nexus S is unlocked.
- Off-contract price is $529, plus tax.
- On-contract price is $199 with a two-year T-Mobile plan. Add-a-line activation runs $249.99.
Best Buy will also be ready to perform any upgrades on existing accounts, so have no fear you will be able to pick yourself up the Nexus S if you really want it. It will be interesting to see if the Nexus S does better, commercially, than it’s older brother the Nexus One.
Are any of you planning on picking up the Nexus S on Thursday? Please drop us a comment or head over to the Androidnerds Forums and let us know.
Source: Android Central